Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Alone


When you type alone into google, the first thing that comes up is "Alone", the song by Heart. This is not necessarily the best pick me up. "I hear the ticking of the clock I'm lying here the room's pitch dark". Yippie. The next entry is "Alone" by Edgar Allen Poe. I read the poem a few times, thinking it may be profound and I could somehow use it in the blog, but on to the next entry, a wikiHow on "How to Enjoy being Alone". I thought it quite amusing; my favorite line was, if you are bored, you may be boring. Nice. Encouraging site. So, perhaps the bigger question is why am I doing this search? I'm bored. Just kidding. Probably something quite a bit deeper than this, but I realize that I'm not quite ready to wrap my head around it. I am fine being alone, but I am not being lonely, and sometimes I cannot separate the two.

Pic: in Ollayantantambo, Peru alone. Ok, I admit it...not all that bad :)

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you posted this one. i think most people feel alone. even people who are married, dating, or in a house full of people. everyone in some way is alone. the more i accept that being alone is not a scary place, the less i am afraid of it. noise is a dangerous place. sometimes i use noise to fill the void, but it doesn't work. i love you. (and i love this picture.)

    ReplyDelete